My word for this year is LEARN.
So it just makes sense to use this Year of Sundays to reflect on 52 of my most significant Life Lessons. Some may seem more significant than others, but each one has changed how I live my life in powerful way. I’d love to hear if and how any of these same lessons have surfaced in the classroom of Your Life.
Over the years, I’ve gone back and forth between counting the days until the Thanksgiving – New Year’s block of time got here to wishing I could blink my eyes and it would all be over. I have so many holy and hilarious memories from gathering with family and friends during this season of the year. I also have witnessed (and come close to participating in) relationship ending experiences over a holiday table.
These days, I genuinely enjoy the Holiday Season – every.single.minute.
Here’s how I made the shift:
1. Remember the most important thing.
2. Let other people make their own choices.
3. Remember the most important thing.
4. Listen more than I talk.
5. Remember the most important thing.
6. Inhale. Exhale. Repeat.
7. Remember the most important thing.
8. When invited to join in an argument, don’t.do.it (especially if I could WIN 😉 );
9. Remember the most important thing.
10. Make sure there are no sharp knives on the table. 🙂
How do you make your Holiday Season less stressful?