My word for 2015 is Notice. I love to observe, but am humbled by how often I realize how much I miss. I’m looking, but not seeing. So this year, my intention is to take notice of what’s happening around me. And I’ll post here some of what I notice each week. I look forward to knowing what you’ve Noticed, too!
262. Even if I wasn’t a History Nerd, hearing Founder’s Day stories about my long-time church family was beyond sacred.
263. Having Mom call me (for the second time this week!) fills my heart to.the.rim.
264. One fish taco dinner at San Juan in Whiteville will provide me with three (delicious) meals.
265. THAT FULL MOON.
266. It’s tough when Bloss looks at me with that, “It’s tough growing old” look.
267. Call the Midwife ROCKS.
268. Speaking of birthing – I’ve also noticed that even anticipating Mother’s Day stirs much anxiety for many women. This 2012 post from Amy Young rings so true to me. Bottom line – True Mothering comes in many shapes, forms and circumstances. All of them are worthy of celebration.
269. After replacing the 30+ year-old shutters in my bathroom with a real simple and fresh top down/bottom up shade, I went back into my bathroom no less than five times that evening – just.to.look.at.them.
270. I sleep better on sheets I’ve dried on the clothesline.
271. Even a frustratED and frustratING call center operator can compassionately offer help, when given the opportunity.
272. I honor people who have and enforce healthy boundaries.
273. Mayflies do.not.taste.good.
274. I’ve become one of those humans who not only fills a weekly pillbox for myself, but one for my dog as well.
275. In my ongoing quest to duplicate Goody Goody’s (a FAB Wilmington, NC spot) omelets fluffiness, including three TBS prepared pancake mix (per two egg omelet) and using the immersion blender is getting me closer.
276. any Netflix marathon that stars Lily Tomlin is a fine way to invest much of a Soggy Saturday.
277. one gift of a veryyyyyy slow moving tropical storm is that it blows away the Mayflies.
278. even when the MS in my body interrupts my packing plans, it’s still a gift.
279. Falling asleep to the sound of steady rain is healing.
What have you noticed this week?