My word for 2015 is Notice. I love to observe, but am humbled by how often I realize how much I miss. I’m looking, but not seeing. So this year, my intention is to take notice of what’s happening around me. And I’ll post here some of what I notice each week. See ya ’round!
22. I can’t find good enough words to describe how it feels to be sipping coffee, while listening to steady rainfall and watching the final leaves of the season fall.
23. While drinking my first cuppa half/caff, it’s fun to imagine which half is caffeinated :).
24. Watching powerful women – like Laura Dern and Reece Witherspoon on The Big Screen, make me feel more powerful and hopeful.
25. There’s a HUGE and very positive difference between ‘dry’ sea scallops and ‘wet’ ones.
26. Plotting adventures with Tom is always fun.
27. Antibiotics for dogs can VERY expensive.
28. It’s tough to tell how heavy a load someone is carrying, but just looking at him/her.
29. I can learn something from every.single.person I meet.
30. My need to Be Right often gets in the way of my willingness/ability to listen.
31. The third anniversary of Mari’s death shifted along the grief scale from being rip-out-my-heart-painful toward lovingly tender.
32. Thanks to Mari, I smile every time I vacuum my carpet.
33. Bloss loves her new Aunt Mary.
34. The only thing better than watching Mom get a professional manicure was when she showed the manicurist how to Do it The Right Way.
35. Sipping coffee and reading while listening to Mom’s steady, sleepy breathing in the next room – priceless.
36. Coming home rocks.
37. My new Fitbit Flex is telling me things I didn’t really want to know, but need to know.
38. The way Frances McDormand brought Olive Kitteridge ‘to life’ is nothing short of amazing.
39. I love living where Spanish Moss frames my view.
40. No matter how many times I watch it, The Princess Bride is still INCONCEIVABLE.
What have you noticed this week?