My word for 2015 is Notice. I love to observe, but am humbled by how often I realize how much I miss. I’m looking, but not seeing. So this year, my intention is to take notice of what’s happening around me. And I’ll post here some of what I notice each week. See ya ’round!
1. It’s SO frustrating to witness someone suffer and not be able to Fix It.
2. Sometimes, it’s as important (if not more so) to simply say ‘thank you’, when receiving a gift, as it is to reciprocate.
3. Even the gloomiest of days can be made better by wearing red Chuck Taylor high- tops.
4. Engaging sales clerks/waitresses in conversation that compliments them ROCKS.
5. God’s plan is ALWAYS better than My Plan.
6. New Years happen, even without my being awake to witness it.
7. We’re all broken and as willING as we can be.
8. New recipes sometimes beat old recipes.
9. The world didn’t end when I didn’t send my Cheap Therapy e-newsletter out on the first of the month.
10. The toughest deadlines I face are self-made.
11. The first drops of rain in the lake SEEM bigger than the ones that follow.
12. Healing happens when I least expect it.
13. The scent of oak burning in the fireplace is AMAZING.
14. If I think something makes my butt look bigger – it does.
15. If I want fewer pieces of my clothing to make my butt look bigger – I need to move more and eat differently, rather than buy new clothes.
16. Even someone wearing a name tag seems pleasantly surprised when I call them by name.
17. It’s extremely hard to (literally) teach an old dog new tricks.
18. How do I balance my gratitude that Bloss’s herniated disc seems to be causing her less pain with the Truth that (now that she feels like playing again) I need to keep her still for five.more.weeks (at least)?
19. Sitting outside, in The Fog At Night can be eerie and peaceFULL- simultaneously.
20. It doesn’t take much effort/expense to make my sheets smell like lavender.
21. Not much beats falling asleep in sheets that smell like lavender.
What did you notice this week?