One of my rituals for each new year is to choose a word to influence me for the year. My word for 2011 is EXPERIMENT. To support my EXPERIMENTAL focus, I commit to post the results of a new experiment each Sunday of this year.
I ‘went without’ Facebook and Twitter. Have to admit I normally tune into Facebook at least once a day. I’m not as regular a visitor of Twitter, but I do normally visit a few times a week.
Since I’m still UnPlugged at the time this entry was auto-posted, I’ll post my lessons as soon as I RePlug.
In the meantime, I send you all ALL that is good.
UPDATE: It’s funny about PLANS. I knew I’d be UnPlugged this past week, but little did I know HOW UnPlugged. When I’m away from home I usually have someeeeeeeeee online access (in case I need it for emergencies). This week there was NONE.
So my Social Media – Free week:
- a little frustrating ’cause I couldn’t have even if I’d wanted to; and
- Most of the shifts I felt are related to Facebook.
- It’s not unusual for me to check into Facebook a few times a day. Once will be enough now.
- I’ve gotten a little lazy about using Facebook to connect with people I’d once connected with in more personal ways. I’m going back to my OLD ways.
- I do LOVE Facebook! So it’s a choice I’m going to continue to make, in a way that feels more healthy for me.